Bear Music Fest is a festival for music-lovers, catering to connoisseurs of great music of all genres. We consider it our duty to introduce our guests to artists that will excite and inspire them.
+ WHAT TO THINK ABOUT BEFORE YOU SUBMIT:
Our festival is very unique and we believe that extends both to the guest experience AND the artist experience. With that in mind there are a couple things that you should consider before submitting your information to us.
- We are an all-inclusive 3 days festival and we ask our bands to be available for all 3 days (or 2 at the very least). If that doesn't work with your plans this year, best to hold off until a future year.
- We generally do not book cover or tribute bands. That is not to say you can't play a couple arrangements of covers in your set, but we are looking for bands that have a repertoire of original music.
- Artists/bands will likely be asked to play 2 shows (on different stages) and potentially participate in a workshop as well (song circle, jam session, family workshop, etc.). The shows can be different arrangements of the band, for example: a full band performance on one stage and a smaller acoustic performance on another. There are no hard and fast rules around this, but we want you to know what may be asked of you before we book.
- Bands are encouraged to mingle with guests during the weekend. Note, the vibe is very relaxed and mellow and our guests are mature and respectful but, if you are hesitant to interact with "fans," this is not the festival for you.
- We like to see all our of bands live prior to booking them at the festival. We monitor SongKick in NYC, San Fran, and Los Angeles and try to see as many bands as possible. We also ask that you submit a live video of a performance in case we cannot find time to see you live.
- You will be expected to do a recorded interview by phone prior to the festival so we can promote your band in our Artist Spotlight posts.
- We only book about 10 artists/bands a year for our festival so please don't take it personally if we cannot consider you this year. You are welcome to attend the festival as a guest which can be a good way to get to know us and experience the "vibe". We also invite some guests to play our morning songwriter stages and in past years, some of those artists have secured a spot for future years.
Think you fit the bill? Enter your artist details below for consideration at Bear Music Fest.