Document Storage with Google Drive
We Use Google Drive...
To create, edit, store, and communicate about Bear Music Fest files.
File type examples include:
- Images & Graphics
- Documents (i.e. Schedules, Contracts, Website Copy Drafts, Press Releases, etc.)
- File documents into the appropriate Department.
- Department Heads are accountable for keeping the Department folder organized and up-to-date.
- To avoid unnecessary duplicates, check relevant Department folders first.
- If you create a document that replicates an already existing document, create an Archive folder within your department and re-file.
- If a document belongs to multiple Departments, create an Alias by highlighting the document, and pressing SHIFT+Z. This will allow you to add/copy the document link to another folder location.
- Keep track of relevant communication by creating comment threads within documents.
- Adjust permissions to the appropriate teammate(s) on either the document or the folder level.
- Check out Google Drive Help for articles on getting started and troubleshooting.
WHAT NOT TO STORE IN GOOGLE DRIVE...
- Please do not store To-Do Lists or Meeting Agendas (See Task Management with Asana).