Have a general question about how Slack works? For step-by-step guides and support, check out Slack Guides: Tips for beginners and experts alike.
We use Slack for...
- ALL Internal Team Communication (See Best Practices: Team Communication).
- Sharing interesting & resourceful links.
- Referencing files that exist in G Drive.
- Each channel "#___" corresponds to a festival department.
- Mention teammates using "@___".
When NOT to use Slack
- Please do not send private messages that relate to an existing Slack channel. If concerned about privacy or security, request that the Systems & Tech department (#systems-tech) create a new private channel.
- No uploading stray files unless they already exist in G Drive (See Document Storage with Google Drive).
- Please do not speak in-depth about a particular document or article – for example, to communicate about a Google Document, use that specific document's comment thread.
- No To-Do Lists (See Task Management with Asana).